We're hiring!People don't email like they used to anymore. The rise of messaging apps and collaboration tools built for mobile have altered the way we communicate, making everything faster and more conversational. Why hasn't email changed along with the times?MailTime is an open and mobile messenger built with email technology. It's email as quick and easy as texting, and messaging without forcing all your contacts to download the same app.We reformat your cluttered email threads into clean bubble chats, and separate people in your inbox from all the discounts and newsletters.Email is about communication, not organization. Therefore mobile email should look like a mobile messenger, not desktop software!Join us in our quest to make communication friendly and efficient! We're looking for full-stack developers to our team in San Francisco, and we're offering generous equity alongside competitive pay. Not to mention free meals, holidays in Hawaii, and company skateboard parties. Email [email protected] to apply.Current opening: Applications Developer, UI/UX Graphic Designer. Applications DeveloperJob Description:
- Compile, augment, and document MailTime's program development and source code revisions, using the Git source control system, by inserting debugging comments and coding instructions which describe a series of coded computer language for other programmers to decipher the logistics behind each programming activity.
- Develop and design RESTful API for MailTime's server-end service and database storage to support application requests and integrate with third-party services like Gmail, Dropbox etc. usingPHP, MongDB, Python and Golang.
- Consult with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to clarify specific functional-related goals for MailTime Application's content-parsing algorithm, identify challenges in achieving desired functional aspects, and propose potential alternatives to materialize particular product features desired by the management team.
- Write, program and refactor MailTime's content-parsing engine to improve the performance in handling tasks such as recognizing extraneous information found in emails and reformatting email contents into sortable and readable text in various formats displayed in a messaging view.
- Review and analyze error reports generated by Crashlytics and Raygun, and thereafter repair and fix bugs to rectify coding errors found in the MailTime Application.
- Utilize Testflight to conduct trial runs and recheck that bugs and system errors are temporarily subsided from bug fixes; Continuously monitor MailTime's performance analytics generated from Testflight to ascertain whether efforts to bug fixes were effective; Report the latest performance analytics and summaries to the CTO for further coding order and instructions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university;
- Two years of computer applications experience;
- Knowledge of software development life cycles, object-oriented programming, relational databases, user interfaces, business processes, testing technology, and code analysis;
- Ability to review and analyze user requests and other information;
- Ability to design appropriate programs and systems while adhering to deadlines;
- Knowledge of application architecture, project management, best practices, advanced techniques related to investigation, troubleshooting and problem solutions, and emerging technologies/innovations.
UI/UX Graphic DesignerJob Description:
- Create and update concepts, designs and sample layouts for MailTime App's User Interface (UI), including a set of icons and navigational menus based on theoretical knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Prepare variants of digital design illustrations for submission to the Director of Design, discuss illustrative concepts and designs with the Director to ensure UI resonates a distinct Visual Identity (VI) theme; thereafter implement updated UI design for the MailTime App as approved by the Director.
- Track analytics based on user ratings from TestFlight and other user-feedback platform to determine overall effectiveness of product features vis-a- vis graphic design/layout and ease of navigation/ usage from User Experience (UX) perspective.
- Make necessary changes in font style, size, color scheme, graphics, page layout and flows, as well as arrangements for other illustrative materials to match the design and features of MailTime App.
- Design, develop, and improve MailTime interactive website at https://www.MailTime.com and MailTime App by utilizing various computer software and programming languages.
- Refine the Visual Identity (VI) of company image including company logo, banners, posters, T-Shirts, advertisement mediums, and product.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Prepare notes and instructions for coworkers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in graphic design, multimedia design, digital design, digital arts, computer science, art management, or other closely related fields; Additional MS Degree in one of the foregoing fields of study strongly preferred;
- At least one (1) year of UI / UX, graphic, and visual design in a corporate or agency context preferred but not required;
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from managers or investors with differing opinions;
- Understanding and experience in user-centered design process;
- Creative thinker who can effectively innovate big ideas and also work out all the details;
- Excellent interaction design skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders, and users;
- Portfolio showing your UX skills is required.